We have always been passionate about looking after the land and we would like to try and do our bit for future generations.
It is easy to think that small changes don’t matter but if everyone put some of these in place it would start to make a difference. As part of our green plan we’ve looked at ways we can improve on things here at Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park.
Here are some of the things we’ve looked at:
- We’ve replaced plastic straws with paper ones.
- We will be switching our take-away hot drink cups to fully compostable ones by the end of 2019.
- Our own re-usable hot drink cups have been designed and ordered and will be available to purchase in our cafe.
- Wales led the way on the 5p bag charge and we use recyclable brown paper bags in our gift shop.
- 90% of our waste is recycled and we intend to increase this by the end of 2019.
- Much of our lighting uses low energy light bulbs.
However, this year we’re making our biggest commitment so far and investing in an 8.3kW solar panel array which will be installed onto the roof of our visitor centre. This will allow us to generate much of our own electricity. You will be able to see how much electricity the panels generate under different weather conditions on a digital display in our visitor centre.